4/8/11

Day 5 is a Treasure

I didn't realize my picture yesterday was cut off, so it is fixed now in case any of you were wondering :-)

Today the prompt is a picture of your favorite memory.

I'm sure I'm like all of you when I say that I have many favored memories.

All of mine and Michaels "firsts" are some of my favorite memories, but I don't have pictures of those things. The first date, the first time we held hands, our first kiss, our first dance... you get the idea ;-) and since I can't show you all of those things, I made a collage of some of my other favorite memories
1.When Michael proposed, 2. when we got married, 3. performing on stage, 4. Michael singing to me, 5. being silly together, 6. traveling to St. George, 7. going to Disney Land, 8. winning my playwright award, 9. our honeymoon, 10. trying new things -like 4-wheeling, 11. dancing with my dad, 12. being silly with my siblings, 13. being in Mexico with Michael. 

I'm rather indecisive about these things. I'm very blessed, and I am having a hard time picking just one memory so I do hope you enjoyed seeing quite a few.

Many of my favorite memories aren't specific things, but more like feelings. 
Such as being silly with Michael, we laugh often together, and we have a lot of fun. I don't have a specific moment in mind, but those times together are all my favorite :-)

Even when specific details are forgotten, the feelings that are shared (especially those shared often) are what will be remembered :-)

What are some of your favorite memories?


3 comments:

Nain @ View From Down Here said...

Man, again, this is totally something I should do a post of. But I have one in mind, but I'll save that for a post. Others would be when Tim first proposed, the first time I saw him as I was walking down the aisle, when they pronounced us married, the first time we said I love you, my law school graduation, finding out I passed the bar exam, the first time I held each and every one of my nieces and nephews when they were born.

See? I totally have two posts now I need to do!

Melissa said...

I have a favorite quote (I've actually collaged it and have it hanging in a bathroom) that says "Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things." Pierce Harris

I think it is so true - you just never know what memories are going to stick.

I've been married for almost nineteen years. But all my best memories are recent...mostly because of the girls and because my marriage has improved tremendously in the past three or four years.

Denise said...

What beautiful memories! Most of my favorite memories revolve around family, as well. When I lived out of Florida, I would savor the smell of orange blossoms---I knew I was HOME. The smell of gardenias always remind me of my great-grandparents. The little church they belonged to always gave gardenia corsages to the mothers on Mothers Day:)
Happy Friday!