12/1/10

Small Treasure Tuesdays

 Once again I'm late in posting this. I'm sorry guys!
The holidays are such treasures, but they sure take up a lot of time :-)

Welcome to Small Treasure Tuesdays
Well, I guess I should say Wednesday this week :-P
 
Remember, your post doesn't have to be long, it can be as simple as linking up a picture or a quote. I don't want anyone feeling overwhelmed by this :-)
 
Here are the guidelines:
1) Make sure you link directly to the page your Small Treasure Tuesdays post is on, not your main blog page.
If you don't have a blog, you can still participate and leave your treasure in a comment.

2) Please link back here so other people can join in on the fun! A good way to do that is by grabbing my button :-)

3) Visit as many people as you want/can. All I ask is that you please visit the person above you in the list, and leave a comment. Everyone loves to know what you think of their treasures!
 
My husband is always one of my treasures.
and today I'm really grateful for his patience, love and understanding. 
He's the best!

The only car we have is a stick, and I never learned to drive a stick growing up. So, Christmas shopping can be a bit tricky, especially since my husband isn't exactly a fan of shopping.

So, my awesome husband has been teaching me to drive a stick! 
And while I am trying to be a good student, and I'm catching on pretty quickly, I think it still requires a lot of patience on his part. Especially when I complain worry that it's harder than an automatic and I'll never get the hang of it. 
 
He's been a great teacher though, and he's been helping me to feel very comfortable with it.
and the amazing thing is- I'm really starting to get it, and I'm finding it fun!

What's your treasure?
The linky will be open until Saturday night!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember learning to drive a stick. I had to learn it during a crash course lesson in one weekend.

The following Monday, I drove from our new home in the Twin Cities (northern metro) through the cities, through Des Moines, through Omaha to my parents home thirteen hours away in Western Kansas.

Of course, I popped the clutch multiple times at my first light during rush hour traffic. Thankfully, once I got going I was fine - the freeway is wonderful!! :)

Tara said...

When I was growing up, my dad made me learn how to drive with a stick and I had stick-shifts for my first 3 cars! You will get used to it and, before long, you won't want to go back to an automatic! Good luck!