6/21/10

Fathers are a Treasure

Happy Father's Day to everyone who is a father, one day will be a father, has a father, wants to be a father, and to everyone who is a father figure to someone. Fathers are awesome.

My dad is the best. He is a wonderful man, and a great father! He is the smartest man I know, he is patient, supportive, understanding, kind... and he has so many other wonderful attributes. If I say them all my sister will think I'm copying her :-)

Father's Day happened to land on my Dad's birthday this year. For Father's day Michael and I framed a picture of my dad and I dancing at my wedding
And for his birthday, we made him a journal that had pictures of all of his kids (plus spouses) as well as a picture of him and JoAnn together... I wish I'd taken a picture of the journal up close. 

You can kind of see it here.

My husband will make a great father one day! He is great with kids! He is loving, playful and so patient! I'm very blessed to have him :-D

I wrote him a poem for father's day. Maybe I'll share it with you all sometime :-)

I know a lot of people like to give ties for Father's Day, and if any of you are getting a last minute gift there's a newer blog out there called The Tie Blog. It's filled with helpful tips and cool ties.
If you are looking for a Father's Day Tie that is out of the ordinary, you can find some suggestions here

This blog is filled with fun ties, tie comics, and much more!

So...What did you do for Father's Day?

1 comment:

Helena said...

Aw, nice! That journal looks awesome, too.