9/6/10

Tuacahn is a Treasure

When we were in St. George, Michael and I had the pleasure of seeing Tarzan at the Tuacahn theatre! It was wonderful. Possibly the best play I've ever seen.

The costumes, make-up, acting, dancing, moving, singing and acting like apes... it was all wonderful! I wish I could have captured the play on film because I don't think I can describe how awesome it was.
The apes spent so much time flying through the air on vines, it was just so awesome... I can't say that enough.

Taking pictures during the show wasn't allowed, so here are some before and after:
This is the lovely walkway to the Tuacahn Theatre
Us :-)
The stage! Isn't the background beautiful?
This is a pic from our seats, you can see the side of Michaels face. :-)
We had awesome seats, we could see everything clearly, and there was mist that sprayed on us before the show and during intermission- it was real hot outside, so that was a nice bonus
This is us with Tarzan's ape mom. She was awesome! 
As was Tarzan's ape dad, and Terk (not pictured)
Tarzan and Jane -they both did wonderfully. Especially Tarzan. There was one time when he was swinging from a vine across the stage, but he wasn't hooked into his harness, he was just holding on! crazy.
Us with young Tarzan. He did wonderfully too

I wish I had gotten more pictures of the apes so you could see how great their costumes were, and how perfectly they moved, but the lines were so long for pictures. 
That's okay though, I'm glad I got these ones :-)

AND, you can see lots more pics here. On the right side of the screen there's a button that says "Show Photos", that'll show you some awesome shots

2 comments:

viewfromdownhere said...

aw, cute! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Helena said...

Whoa, this is crazy! I wish I could have seen it, too.